• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issues with Project M 3.6 Installation - help appreciated!

PoutineBoutique

Smash Rookie
Hey Smashboards,

Recently got introduced to PM and wanted to get it running. I purchased a barely used Wii from my friend, a 2GB SD card off amazon, and downloaded Project M 3.6 off of the mirror sites on www.reddit/r/ssbpm. I'm using the hackless - not homebrew - version. I've deleted the custom stages in the stagebuilder.

When I click stagebuilder to load up, however, it just freezes. I've been fishing around for trouble shooting options, but nothing has worked. This includes FAT32 formatting for the SD card.

Anyone have any ideas? Some steps that I might be missing?

person66

Smash Cadet
It may be your sd card just doesn't play nice with smash stack. Make sure there is a boot.elf file on the root of the sd card. Also try re-downloading project m. If you still can't get it to work, you could try a different wii exploit, like letterbomb.

Side note: letterbomb supports sdhc, so you can use >2GB cards with it. Downside is it needs your wii's mac address to work, so it will only work on the specific wii you downloaded it for.

Last edited:

j29736

Smash Rookie
NNID
j29736
3DS FC
1762-3986-5024
Posting same response from other thread:

First, start Brawl (through the Wii menu). Then hit start once you see the intro come on (so you're now on the main menu). The code should now be initializing. Wait about 15-30 seconds for the code to load. THEN go to Stage Builder.

Top Bottom