• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issues with my Brawl disc

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I've tried Googling this, but I can't find anyone with the same issue.

I used to have a Wii. The game worked fine for about 2 years. After a while, I could play like two versus matches, then it would skip to a screen that says "Unable to read disc, look at manual blah blah blah." But if I power the system off and on, it would be fine for another two matches. Then after a while, it started just completely freezing at the stage select screen to the point that the power button didn't work, and I had to unplug the system to turn it off. I found a way to bypass that, by switching the stage selection to random so that I'd go straight from the character selection to the fight, but I still had the two match problem. So, after a couple of headache from repeatedly cleaning the game disc and the Wii's disc lens, I just gave up on the game. I now have a WiiU, and I'm having the same issue. Anyone know how to fix it?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
If the problem isn't your wii because the wii u still can't read it...http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_games.jsp
Unfortunately you'll probably have to buy a new copy, the game's price has dropped down to $30 but you could easily find a used copy somewhere for $5.
Nintendo might replace it for you...this is from the website...

Information:

If the game is published by Nintendo, and was purchased new within the last 90 days (not previously-played or used), Nintendo will attempt to provide a replacement. You must be able to provide the game and proof of purchase, and the game must not show signs of physical damage. Please call 1(800)255-3700 for assistance.
If the game is published by Nintendo and it was purchased more than 90 days ago, or you do not have a proof of purchase, we cannot offer a warranty repair. (This also includes games that were purchased used or that are physically damaged.) We recommend purchasing a replacement copy of the game at a retailer.
Nintendo offers replacement game discs for games that cannot be purchased by themselves (these are games that are included with the system or bundled with a required accessory).

PlayerOneTyler

I was afraid of that. It's not scratched or anything. I wish I knew what was wrong so that I don't have to dish out money for a new copy.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Try blowing on it, rubbing it on your shirt, hope for the best and give it one more go. I mean what have ya got to lose at this point?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It's a disk, if there is nothing wrong with it, then there is something wrong with the Wii.

This happened to me before, my first Wii just stopped working, so I got a new Wii, played the same game on it, and it worked perfectly.

So actually you need a new system.

Hopefully they fixed this with the Wii U.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Same exact thing happened to me with my wii, the disc drive crapped out. And, while I hate to admit it, I just softmodded the crap out of my wii until I didn't need the disc drive. I run brawl (project m actually) off my external usb drive now using cfg, loading times are gone and that's pretty great. Very unethical if you don't actually own the game though (duh). But if you don't want to buy a new wii or buy a replacement disc drive, there really isn't another option, and IMO, you own the game and you should be able to play it no matter what.

PlayerOneTyler

I figured out like 3 weeks ago that it's the disc. My sister's copy works fine on both my Wii and my WiiU. So yeah, thanks guys.

MechanicalWood

Smash Rookie
well, it is legal for you to download it and make your wii read usb's since the game stopped working.

Top Bottom