• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issue with L-cancelling aerial OOS

Lydiann

Smash Rookie
Currently practicing my shieldstops and I've noticed that I can't seem to l-cancel my aerials OOS

If I shield > drop shield > sh aerial i can get the l-cancel but if i do is straight out of shield I'm always flashing red (20XX)

Is the timing different? I can't see why it would be.

for reference I'm using both L for shield/lcancels

Sycorax

Smash Ace
It sounds like you may not be letting go of shield. Either you don't let go of it or you let go of it so late that you can't press it again in time. You will l-cancel as long as you press L/R/Z up to 7 frames before you land.

I would recommend practicing the motions slowly and deliberately. You're probably trying to do too much too fast. Start with the basics and work up. Practice it at 1/4 then 1/2 game speed. It will make you learn it much better.

Top Bottom