• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isabelle Sliding Down-B

Jadon

Smash Rookie
Alright, new here but I got some tech I want to share:

So, if Isabelle buries her Lloid Rocket and then dashes while launching it while also holding forward, she slides on the ground. (Dash forward, down-b, hold forward) She can only do it out of a initial dash and she can only slide in the direction she dashes in. She has to wait till the animation is over to do anything else though. I have no idea how practical that is but it's real cool! Might be good for positioning, approach mix-up, or covering options at ledge, who knows... And sure she can launch it in midair but still. We can call it... the Isabelle Rocket Slide, I guess. :) I don't know how this will help if at all but I want her to be considered a good character so bad...

Another thing that may not be common knowledge is that Isabelle has a tilt and smash input with her fishing rod, giving it more or less range. That might make it a bit safer when thrown out at max range and it can help her tether recovery with its bigger range and all.

I saw a tournament set and I thought I'd be cool to share what I found. The clip is around the 7:40 mark. The Mang0 3 - Tsu (Mii Swordfighter, Isabelle) VS Elegant (Luigi) - Smash Ultimate - Losers Semis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVcSPweLAdk

Last edited:
Top Bottom