• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Young Link good vs. ICs?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I am just wondering because in my opinion he is based on his speed and his spamming, and i have done this match a little bit but my personal experience isn't a very accurate way to scale things...

I think YL wins because he can outright spam them and he can be a pest with bombs, among other things such as his moves sending them out horizontally. (But IMO fd probably evens it out a little heh)

But I wanna know what the more knowledgeable YL players think/know about this.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I know that hanki has beaten wobbles in tourny with YL before there are vids, It seemed to favor YL epically on dreamland and rainbow cruise, its probably an uphill battle for both.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I say that Young Link is an excellent choice for fighting Ice Climbers. His projectiles neutralize most of Ice Climbers' wave-dash-induced mind games and keep the twins at a fair distance. IC grab = death. :(

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Keeping your boomerang moving will be very useful in this match-up I guess. It may help you break away from grab combos.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
As an IC Main and YLink main, i'd say yes, Ylink does a fairly good job against the Parka Twins. They can't deal with projectiles well AT ALL and since Ylink is CONSTANtLY throwing something at them, he'll have an easy time choking them out. Maintain that distance. Use platforms. take nana when you get the chance. As soon as the boomerang returns, send it back out. Boomerang = lifesaver against ICs devastating grab game.

LOL a planted arrow blocks Ice blocks.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I say that Young Link is an excellent choice for fighting Ice Climbers. His projectiles neutralize most of Ice Climbers' wave-dash-induced mind games and keep the twins at a fair distance. IC grab = death. :(
Yeah I agree. Young link ***** the ice climbers. But now as good as bowser! Good thought though buzz keep em coming.

Top Bottom