• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is up-b out of shield a viable option?

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
We've all seen the crazy things you can do with Peach's up b. I've seen people die an 0% because of rage/low ceiling. I was wondering if up-b out of shield is a viable option as opposed to up smash. Both can come out extremely quick due to jumping and inputing a move during the jumpsquat. Unable to test it at the time, but if there's a way to only land the first hit that would be extremely scary.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I think they patched the parasol to connect each hit more easily. It rarely works like you stated, but can work on smaller/lighter characters. But to have the first hit only hit, you have to be facing away from your opponent when you up-B.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
all you have to do is reverse it, which is really easy to do if you're aerial or jump canceling it. so yes, if you jump cancel it out of shield and reverse it, it should only connect with the first hitbox and have that ridiculous set knockback xD

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I would say using it on characters on top platforms of low-ceiling stages like Dream Land and Delfino would be the best idea. If they're at about 75%+, normally that should be a killer (heavier characters will need more damage, obviously).

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Don't want to start a new thread so I'll discuss it here. What about an option select where reverse up-b comes out on perfect shield? Is that possible? I'll have my Wii U back later today or tomorrow, so I'll test some things out.

Renanri

Smash Cadet
NNID
RuriAri
3DS FC
1049-1229-2048
Hmmm... I wouldn't recommend an Up-B out of shield, it's an option of course, but not the safest or quickest one. Reversing your Up-B is a bit better if you can get it off. All in all, I'd say try and get off a pivot f-tilt to cover yourself oos.

Top Bottom