• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this known?

TheFast

Smash Lord
ok i havnt mained yoshi that long but just after i started using him my friend who has mained yoshi from the beginning told me about the thing where u hold diagonally to turn around ur down b in the air to catch the ledge without the lag of using your 2nd jump to turn it around.
just after he told me i accidentally did it but it was from the ground so u can trick opponents that are not use to fighting yoshi's by backing up to them and completely turning yourself around into a great finisher with no lag

(if this is know im sorry i was just wondering)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This can be kind of useful as a surprise attack.

I like it better for edgehogging, though, since you don't have to risk having your jump broken if you somehow get hit. Just run up to the edge, jump off, and do a turnaround Hip Drop and you'll grab fairly quickly and without as much risk as the DJ edgehog. I haven't experimented with edgehugging with Yoshi, though, so this may be unnecessary.

If Yoshi didn't spend so much time in the air or if his hitbox going up were much bigger, I could definitely see this being a staple surprise tactic.

TheFast

Smash Lord
that is a great idea, and so the ground one being able to be turned is know as well right?

P.S. my friend is amazing with yoshi, and after watching your battles i see almost no difference in your fighting styles is uncanny (except he will kill himself maybe once every 10 battles and on occasion spams eggs to much without moving, but not that often and he does it less each day) the weird thing is tho he doesn't even own a wii, he just plays on mine when he can. he opened my eyes to yoshis great abilities, along with the random tile lol

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I definitely know about it. It's screwed me up a few times doing it by accident with ROB. I guess it could be pretty surprising though.

TheFast

Smash Lord
lol yah i guess thats a way i never thought about doing it with rob because his down b is a progectile. that is wat u mean isnt it? u do dB at a tilt when falling and it turns ur down b around.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I definitely know about it. It's screwed me up a few times doing it by accident with ROB. I guess it could be pretty surprising though.
MISSINGNO MASTER!?!!???!
You came on here, saw me and copied HUH?
Well I'm flattered, thank you.
*on topic* Wow, i'll start doing that with Robert.

Top Bottom