• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is there such a fox without shine or lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
i was talking to my step bro from arizona whos been a long time fox user. he basicaly got me into smash and i remember him being really good. i asked how he played his fox and i mentioned waveshining and just shining in general he said he doesnt use either. i also mentioned lasers and he replied he doesnt use lasers either. and aparently hes really good at tournys. so i was wondering is it possible for someone to be good with fox witht that kind of strategy?

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Takagi uses shines or lasers, though the last I saw him play was in the West Coast vs. Midwest crew battle at FC3... *shurgs*

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
i just looked up some takagi vids. he doesnt use lasers or shines. i guess i had to see for myself.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
you CAN replace some shines with jabs and give up waveshine combos or shine spikes, and not use lasers... its just gonna be worse than it can be. like... a middle tier fox

Zgetto

Smash Ace
takagi does use lasers or shines.(only vid i dont see him use shines is the fc3 one but thats really old)
shine is one of fox best moves <_< not using it would be dumb.
and lasers arent really neccesary but its nice to get some free damage or to let your opponent come to you.
but ofcourse you can be good without using them but i never saw a good fox player not using either of them.

edit: as you can see in takagi's old fc3 vid you can see he does good without them but in some newer vids(oc2) hes does use more lasers and shines.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
takagi does use lasers or shines.(only vid i dont see him use shines is the fc3 one but thats really old)
shine is one of fox best moves <_< not using it would be dumb.
and lasers arent really neccesary but its nice to get some free damage or to let your opponent come to you.
but ofcourse you can be good without using them but i never saw a good fox player not using either of them.

edit: as you can see in takagi's old fc3 vid you can see he does good without them but in some newer vids(oc2) hes does use more lasers and shines.
Qft

What's the name of your bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom