• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyway to make the UP B not auto-sweetspot the ledge?

Megasabin

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there was a mechanism to prevent this, so that you could try to spike people and just use your jumps to get back?

Anyone know?

Thanks

animul

Smash Rookie
I haven't found a way to spike near the sweet spot, but I've found that chasing opponent of edges followed by and Uair, a quick recovery, and then spike the opponent who should now be above the sweet spot.

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
There is. One way that I've found is with the B-stick method.

Tilt joystick away from ledge, bstick up.

Garde

Smash Ace
So snap canceling works for her tether recoveries... I was wondering about that. I'll have to test it with the control stick, as I don't like the idea of B-sticking (or rather, customizing controls, in case customization isn't allowed in tournaments).

If you hold down, does it also work, or just away? I'm thinking either would work based on how you can avoid grabbing a ledge with both and that snap canceling normal up+B moves work with both.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
With normal recovery attacks, you can hold down to skip the auto-sweetspot. This isn't so hot with tethers. I know it's possible with B-sticking. Hold away from the ledge on the control stick and B-stick up.

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
You can "bstick" without losing your c-stick... and you can cancel the auto sweet by doing it manually. Read this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154740

And really, after a little research, you just need to be tilting the joystick away from the ledge for it to work- no b-sticking necessary. The b sticking just gets you a little horizontal/vertical movement.

Garde

Smash Ace
I haven't been able to cancel the tether recovery animation yet. Do you need to change the control stick direction super fast? I've been trying it faster than is necessary for dash dancing, and I still can't seem to get it.

Has anyone actually physically done this without a B-stick? I know that theoretically it's possible, I'm just trying to figure out how viable it is and whether I just need to put a few solid hours of practice into getting it down pat.

RPK

Smash Lord
Customizing your controls is allowed. Though, being that Im too lazy to read the thread, is it possible to do a ledge hopped bair without having Zamus try to re grab the ledge?

Top Bottom