• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any discount for the fighter's pass if you buy one character, then later buy the whole pass?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd like to pick up Steve but I'm not sure I want to buy all of the remaining characters since I don't know who they are. Does the fighter's pass become discounted at all if you buy it after already owning one of the characters?

Sad to say, my days of going to tournaments are over so I don't really need to keep my switch "tournament ready" any longer. :(

Khao

Smash Lord
Would be kind of pointless tbh. The fighter's pass is not that big of a discount compared to just getting fighters separately. You basically just save $6, which is the price of a single character.

If you're only iterested in 4 out of the 6 characters from the pass, it's cheaper to just buy each of them separately than to buy the whole pass. Even if it turns out there's only one character you don't want, 5 characters cost the same as the full pass.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My personal stance is that, if I'm spending a significant amount of time on a forum for any reason over a series of time, then I'm willing to put in some cash into that product. I know everyone isn't that same way, and some feel different values, but It wouldn't really matter if we got five more Fire Emblem's, I would buy them.

Plus- you might not like many characters. There are scenarios where supporting the pass is still value. We were told, at least, that part of the reason the second pass was greenlit so quickly because it sold so well. I want fighters pass three, so I do encourage buying fighters pass 2.

Top Bottom