• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is There a Use for the Grounded Bite?

cparks1000000

Smash Rookie
I know that one can use bite out of a run to avert incoming attacks; however, I believe that using jump-canceled grab is a better option than that. Is there any reason to use a Bite over a Jump-Canceled Grab?

cparks1000000

Smash Rookie
I've used it a couple times as a backwards grab out of reaction.
A pivot grab or a jump-canceled grab is a better option here. You can use a pivot grab at any time by quickly pushing the movement stick away then towards your opponent then pushing grab.

I was actually referring to any intrinsic benefits to the bite such as hitbox stats.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
No not really, just the grab box stays out longer and will go through spotdodges.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
what gohan said. if your opponent is reading your grab resets, and side stepping them, grounded bite will last long enough to beat the side step.

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
I've used grounded bite successfully exactly one time. And that was because I had actually mis-timed an aerial bite after a tech-chase. He did a getup-tech right as I landed into a bite.

From what I gather, generally inferior to an aerial bite in every way. Normal grabs do more damage and - in my view - have better mixups and are less punishable. Better off giving it a miss, I think.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
When I land a bite on large characters like bowser or d3, I can often follow up with a shffl uair to grounded bite. If I get the sweetspot or their % is higher, then I would aerial bite instead. Why bite instead of grab? So I can do the same combo again, obviously. Besides, d3 can jump away from my uthrow follow ups and bowser can nair armor through them. And since they're really big, they hit the ground super soon from my dthrow and will be able to escape.

Top Bottom