• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is there a Rocky fad going around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
cause I see an awful lot of Little Macs in 4 Glory use the Hoodie costumes... sure, Mac has many references to the films, but the training hoodie kinda sticks out... and honestly, i can't take a boxer wearing a pink one very seriously.

Quisciens

Smash Cadet
I don't know about it being a fad, but I do know that it's a very easy way to tell the ****ty Little Macs from the good ones (whether they're wearing a hoodie or not).

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
given i've picked him up, i can certainly pick out the novices from those who know something.

I'm just frequently running into Little Macs who choose the hoodie (mostly the pink one, but I've seen the inverted Wireframe ones, too), and hardly anything else... and it's kind of an eyesore. i use normal blue and white with red gloves, just kind of wondered if anyone else found too many pink hoodies, or if it's just lame luck on my part

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
It's not just you. Pink hoodie (sometimes green hoodie wireframe) are the most popular costumes for Mac in general. All my local friends who play him (read: all of them) use the pink hoodie specifically because it looks cool.

As for me I use the normal white with white gloves. I have a general liking towards the white costumes for characters in Smash 4 for some reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To answer the question, it may just be because it's pretty iconic to Mac. The training scenes from the original Punch-Out!! were well known for two reasons: The "N**** Stole My Bike" thing, and Mac's pink hoodie.

That being said though, this topic is more suited for the social thread, so I'll be closing this. Feel free to continue discussion there, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom