• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a reason ZSS's Uspecial won't snap to the ledge?

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
Basically the title. I've seen this in numerous other's ZSS play, and it seems to be a reason many die when I play against them. Just now I was leading 2 stock against a Rosa that was at 122%, and then promptly lost because somehow when recovering, she's turn herself around and instead of snapping to the ledge and recovering, she just kicks the bottom of the FG stage and falls.

This is on 3ds and it was on Omega version Mute City.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Sweet spoting up special to snap the ledge is actually kind of difficult. I make this mistake all the time. You have to hit the ledge at the right angle.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
mmm I tend to never really run into this issue ( in terms of getting killed because of it ) I get killed or edgeguarded because I try to mix up my recovery by purposely not sweet spotting the ledge but in a way where she rises just an inch or 2 above the ledge so that I can pressure peoples shield and even gotten to get the kick off on people who either let the shield go to early or get shield poked.

In terms of things like sweet spotting the ledge its not always the best answer sometimes you gotta do the dumb **** like wall jump to tether and wait there at a fair enough distance where you can't be stage spiked or something.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah I only run into this problem when trying to sweet spot. Otherwise there is no problem while trying to recover.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Then you should be Golden until the day Nintendo decides up shouldn't kill anymore zzzz.

Top Bottom