• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the Melee Confusion glitch back?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So I was playing this Mewtwo ditto with a guy yesterday and we were in Smashville. I was hanging from the edge and he was standing right at the edge (around U-Tilt Range I would say). I let go of the edge just as he jumped forward and then I used confusion and all of a sudden my opponent was under the stage instead of on top.

I forgot to save the replay and today I am doubting it if happened myself (even though I was the one who did it). This was a common thing in Melee and I asked the person I was fighting (who is a Smash pro player btw) and he thought he saw the same as me, only he wasn't surprised. He was like: "yea, I jumped over and you pulled me under the stage" with like no surprise or anything.

Has anyone seen this happen before? I will try hard to replicate it because this might help get a win out of pure surprise. If anyone else has seen this happen (in Smash 4) be sure to tell me, otherwise I'll believe it was just a random glitch that might not happen again.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Just tried to replicate it with a friend for half an hour (or 20 minutes), didn't happen once to us.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I've also had no luck in doing it in this game, maybe opponent jumping forward had something to do with it. It definitely doesnt work if they are just standing there, like on battlefield in melee.

Hiddles

Smash Rookie
My friend got 2,strange glitches. Mega man was walking without a animation and a tanooki was spinning forever on the edge of battle field

Top Bottom