• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is side b sonic's best out-of-ledge option?

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So I was doing some frame data and I was practicing some ledge tricks, and I used side b. I realized there was invincibility carry over that can make his side b annoying to deal with. So (assuming you have TAS reactions) letting go of ledge frame 8 (first frame you can act on ledge with) and then jump while holding the analogue stick towards the stage on frame 9 and hold side b, you can be invincible up until you reach battlefield's circle (which can go really far) and be invincible for 27 of the 47/48 frames sonic has his side b hitboxes out. This picture I took shows the last frame of invincibility sonic has while doing this. Please let me know what you think about this.

Attachments

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Because of the reasons you stated in relation to ledge invincibility, Sonic's side b is generally regarded as his best ledge option, yes. Don't shy away from his other options though because of this, however; he has an amazing <100% ledge attack and you always have ledge dash and/or ledge jump into waveland.

Last edited:

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
Sonic also has a pretty good ledgedash too. While I'm not consistent at it yet, it's possible to get on with 8+ frames of invincibility. Allowing for invincible dtilts.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
Makes sense, since most people just hold down when fighting Sonic anyway

Top Bottom