• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik's F-Throw the only throw that can lead into an aerial?

demodemo

Smash Ace
sheik's throws are like metakngihts dthrow. they are for positioning, not for comboing

sheik has air superiority on many characters. all of her throws are good set ups for sheiks aerials. that being said, fthrow and bthrow are best use on the edge of the stage to set up for gimps.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
They really don't lead into anything. I've found though that most people jump immediately after the fthrow so I predict it and double jump. I land a fair a good amount of the time this way.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Honestly, I have like greater success land the next hit on my opponent after a throw if I just walk after them and ftilt or utilt them as they get in range.

The utilt is great for it's range and misleading hit box for this

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i always try and pursue with an aerial after a throw but should consider mixing it up...
opponent can either airdodge, jump away or a quick nair and u can lose control easy. kinda my style to go on the offensive i guess

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
None of Sheik's throws guarntee followup hits. However, each one of her throws, depending on the opponent's percentage, DI, and reaction (Double jump/airdodge) and your ability to predict these CAN lead to a followup hit.

Tristan_win has the right idea. A walking Utilt will hit most people, as its hitbox is longer than their airdodge. At low percents, this can be chained into an Ftilt lock. Brutal.

Top Bottom