• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik landing animation hurtbox correct?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
So first off, I love project M! The 2.5b changelog was amazing. Like wow so much effort in the game jeez.

Also, I THINK I'm playing on just 2.5, not sure if I updated. So if this was fixed in 2.5b (I did check the changelog though unless it was a global thing) let me know.

ANYWAY, so while trying to gentleman sheik, I noticed that after the 2nd hit of falcon's jab she does her landing animation. I thought "Huh, yep, that's her landing animation in melee, but why is this so tough?"

So I went back into melee and well in between falcon's jabs she can't REALLY trigger that animation at all. Granted I was falcon vs a level 1 sheik so maybe just DI, but yeah it was really easy to gentleman her.

So tl;dr , sheik's landing animation triggers very quickly in between falcon's jabs which isn't like it is in melee, and causes falcon's 2nd jab to miss. I THINK that her hurtbox might be too small when she's in that landing state? But I'm no expert this is just on feel and if there's anything I've learned it's that when in doubt it is exactly the same as it is in melee. And I mean she can use that landing state to like crouch under marth's up-tilt so it's probably correct, I just dunno why it triggers during gentleman.

Thanks!

So I figure I'll edit real quick, the animation I'm talking about is when she lands after a jump/short hop and goes on all fours. Not sure if that's even called the "landing animation" I wish I were better at lingo.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
This isn't to confirm or deny either way because I honestly don't know, but I've had multiple instances where I land (especially from Vanish) and the opponent attacks at that moment and misses while I'm still in the landing animation. Take from that what you will, I guess.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Landing animation is the right term.
I'm pretty sure PMBR put in a bit more effort to replicate animations this time around that really affect the character, such as marth's dash being lower. If so, and they did this to sheik, then the animation probably isn't the problem. It may be an issue with landing detection, which I know lots of characters still land to early or too late once knocked into the air, depending on the animation (Melee has dynamic landing which determines when characters enter landing animation based on their animation just before they land [and I'm assuming what bones hit the ground first] whereas brawl bases it on when their shins/ankles hit the ground). It may also be that there is no issue at all. Go into melee, and since you don't appear to have a person test for you, just hold down or something while a CPU falcon tries to jab you. They jab a lot for some reason so this shouldn't be hard to test. See if you get the same result as doing that in Project:M. If so there's no difference obviously. If not, idk what the issue is. Somebody's bound to figure out how to change/extrapolate melee animations eventually though so regardless this is bound to not be an issue at some point.

Top Bottom