• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Pit a good secondary for Megaman?

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
I main Megaman and it is hard fighting characters like Yoshi and Mario.. thoughts?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Not a DP/Pit main but I do play Pikachu and Roy and I have a lot of issues with these matchups. My suggestion would be Roy, he has pretty good matchups vs Yoshi and Mario, in my opinion. But, that's just my opinion. DP/Pit do have pretty much even matchup vs Mario from my experience, having basically the same tools to deal with each other, except Pit has a much better projectile compared to Mario. Pit's is much faster and controllable, while fireball isn't too hard to Guardian Oribitars back at him. The Yoshi matchup, from what I've read, seems to be a lot about spacing.

Electrix

Smash Cadet
Pit vs Yoshi MU in my opinion:

On-stage: 60-40 Yoshi
Offstage: 70-30 Pit
Edgeguarding: 55-45 Pit
Pressure: 60-40 Yoshi

The Mario matchup is pretty even with Pit.

As much as I love Pit, I recommend Pikachu or Roy instead for those matchups.

Roy is basically even with both of them.
Pika beats Mario but not quite Yoshi, but he has other very good matchups.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit's technically a good secondary for everybody, since he's pretty well-equipped to deal with whatever comes his way.

That said, he doesn't excel in any of his matchups, so I don't think he's the best choice of counterpick. He might be able to handle them better than Mega Man, but you won't get the same kind of counterpick depth that you'd get with other characters better suited to fight said matchups.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's even with the both of them, but Yoshi requires a degree of understanding the matchup to really be even. I can't help but think eggs vs arrows is complicated...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Megaman has quite a few sketchy matchups, right? Pit's probably your best bet for covering everything, well, besides Sheik of course. Megaman mains probably have a better understanding of who'd make the best secondary though, if you're making this decision based solely on that.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Pit's even with the both of them, but Yoshi requires a degree of understanding the matchup to really be even. I can't help but think eggs vs arrows is complicated...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Megaman has quite a few sketchy matchups, right? Pit's probably your best bet for covering everything, well, besides Sheik of course. Megaman mains probably have a better understanding of who'd make the best secondary though, if you're making this decision based solely on that.
Well please explain me, as a Megaman main I have issues fighting Falcon, Fox, Yoshi, and Mario, and also Sheik, so tell me, how good do Pit deal with them

Top Bottom