• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is my strategy okay?

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
Basically, I have implemented a new strategy with Olimar. Whenever I am launched off the stage up-diagonally, I usually throw my Pikmin (Except white, who flies too far for this) off the stage. I do this for pressure, damage, recovery, and to prevent gimping because of the pressure from being latched onto/knock back from Purple. Can you give me examples when this can be punishable? Thank you all very much my fellow Olimars!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Moving to Olimar board.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
If you throw all of them and none of them hit the enemy, you will be unarmed and very punishable. Despite the fact that you can avoid in the air, if you didn't use your jump already, you wouldn't have another option than doing Nair.

With your enemy at 80% or more and coming to you when you try to get back to the platform, an Uair or Dair it would be risky for him if you do it properly.
Nevertheless if you are playing against a character that has an override effect over our Air Attacks, it's almost useless to save a Pikmin while you keep IN the air. If so, and you can do it, I would suggest you to throw and call them when you approach the edge.

I think it always depends on the character you are playing against, the amount of % on both sides, if your enemy is aggressive and if you can keep calm at such situations.

Top Bottom