• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is My MK Good?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
your definately not bad, the other player had a nack for killing himself as pokemon trainer, work more on offstage chasing, save ur dsmashes and keep practicing!

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
The only thing wrong I noticed was your usage of DSmash so early against a heavy character like Charizard. It's not necessarily wrong because not every MK uses it as a kill move but I would save it until he is at a higher damage. Other than that you play a pretty good Meta Knight.

meta~awesome~knight

Smash Rookie
u hav a pretty str8 MK dude. u shud glide and fair more. dat move *****. n when u knock sum 1 out, chase after them with his glide, then shuttle loop bac to the ledge. :p

WaffleJesse

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, your ok don't get me wrong, but it seems like you are scared to go off stage when you knock them off, just try it and you will have quite a good Meta Knight, oh and use your up-b more often.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I watched 67 seconds of the second video and here's what I saw wrong:

You don't have a knowledge of what Metaknight's moves do. You're arbitrarily using moves (like charging your forward smash or spamming your downair) when he's not near you. For instance you were jumping over projectiles when Metaknight's tornado goes through every projectile that Toon Link has that doesn't explode. You're misplacing your attacks, (he was in the air above you and you tried to downsmash, he was clear off the edge and you did a forwardsmash, you were using your downtilt when he was a good 2 character lengths away from you after you knocked him out of range) you're not moving as fast as the character allows and you're not chasing your opponent properly.

Work on these areas and you'll do much better.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
You do have a knack for needlessly spamming moves. It is an easy habit to get into with Meta knight to start spamming attacks since they come out so fast, but even with his great speed they cause lag and openings for your opponents.

Also I a case in that first video where you would have killed yourself if it wasn't for your enemy. Careful when using the shuttle loop off the edge.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
You don't have a knowledge of what Metaknight's moves do.
I think so to0
In the beginning of the first match you could have done a tornado KO to charizard when he was at the top of the screen. When you used the uair at the end use tornado
Sometimes you can do a shuttle loop KO but you didn't.
I think the first one was for fun, because of all your taunts and a pink MK is great :D
In the second match you did it somewhat better, but again you didn't get a shuttle loop KO where there was a chance of getting one. You didn't edgeguard and you need to work on your timing for your specials.
But the second match was a good match, well done. Again pink MK :D:D:D

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Haha yeah hes not good. I got a set in with the Best Lucario player in the midwest "bloodhawk" and i lost 2-1. Each match ended with the winner having 1 stock 100%+. Ill have the videos uploaded soon so you can see my MK after i took peoples advice.

Top Bottom