• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is jungle japes a good stage for Bowser?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
-you can fortress around the stage, getting ledges and crossing gaps
-you can down b into many ledges
-small sides when near outer platforms for easy kills (ledge hop klaw? Is that good?)
-ledgehop flame cancel <_< small platforms, remember? (Is ledgehop flame cancel actually good?)
-his bair <_<
-his ledge A covers the whole small platforms

I'd also like to know good Bowser stage, thanks. :3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Good Bowser Stage= Yoshi's Story

Although Japes is a good level for Bowser, YS just kicks *** for boozer plus i believe that Jungle Japes is banned in tournament play

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
japes is certainly NOTbanned for tourney play, its a decent bowser stage, problem is that its ginormous. kills off the top like never ever come, being invincible for half the match is fun and all, but being unable to kill a peach with your up b before 150% is NOTfun lol

that being said you can also get camped out of your mind, so its a horrible stage vs projectile whores or campy spacies

i enjoy the stage, i dont ever counter it because bowser is to exploitable on it, yoshis is the standard. brinstar is my 2nd counter pick vs most chars, but japes is a fun alt

anyways, its like 230 and i haven't slept in like a year so goodnight bowser boards

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its just a preference thing i think, i like fsmash edgeguards on the edges because of the little strings it makes your fsmash duration a lot longer, its a good stage vs space animals because its small enough where they cant really camp you out, the acid kinda owns them and sets up for kills while it doesn't really do the same for you and honestly the acid saves you more than it kills you haha

the ceiling isn't TOO low, but its not too high either, its just a nice little random stage most people dont have experience on and depending on how your opponent plays its not goingto be very good for them (eg laser camping dash dance camping, its good to eliminate camping in general i guess)

Zackular

Smash Cadet
I personally think the Mushroom Kingdom levels (1 and 2) would be kickass Bowser levels, but I haven't played enough to test it out.

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
probably the best stage (for counterpicks) would be yoshi's story

WORSTEST STAGE 4EVEREST=final desination

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think it really boils down to where you feel most comfortable fighting at one point. I mean look have you ever heard anyone be like counterpick brinstar? No but Gimpy takes people there anyways because he feels more comfortable fighting a spacie there.. so at one point you have to realize that you need to play where you feel comfortable and can win.

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
what about kongo jungle? i love that stage!

easy sideways and upwards kills, easy fortresshogging, trixy ledges for down-b hogs. i know its probably not tourney legal in most places, but its its fun playin on it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think overly large vertcal stages like this one and DL64 are bad for Bowser. He's all about cheap killing@ low percent and camping at edges

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah that was my thoughts thats why its not a great bowser stage i dunno it can be good depending on how well adjusted your opponent is to dumb stages lol

i mean... "great" stages... heh... heh..

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bowser is a character of wtfs really haha.. think about it, weird character.. weird stages.. next thing you know, bowser players are gonna turn on some items for their matches :chuckle:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser is even worse with an item in his hands o.O

why does the "strongest character" throw the slowest?

i... i dont get it. lol... good one nintendo.

Top Bottom