• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it understandable to ban Ganondorf at certain Smash 4 tournaments?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think any character should be banned. Kind of defeats the purpose of a varied roster if some characters are just flat-out no-go.

If 'Dorf puts tier lists to shame, more power to his players. Just means the opponent needs to improve and learn the matchup.

inb4 this is satire and i've just made a roaring ass of myself

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
I don't think any character should be banned. Kind of defeats the purpose of a varied roster if some characters are just flat-out no-go.

If 'Dorf puts tier lists to shame, more power to his players. Just means the opponent needs to improve and learn the matchup.

inb4 this is satire and i've just made a roaring *** of myself
I guess so, it's just i've had a bad rap against somebody's Ganondorf lately that i've got a slight bitter taste in one of my favourite villains. Now i know how annoying the disrespect is... mmmmmk...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I guess so, it's just i've had a bad rap against somebody's Ganondorf lately that i've got a slight bitter taste in one of my favourite villains. Now i know how annoying the disrespect is... mmmmmk...
Oh well in that case you beat the hell out of the baseless infidels.

Channel your rage and anger into something constructive, like playing 'Dorf. Then you can knock that disrespect right back and feel good doing it!

Or, y'know, just learn the matchup better. Maybe even study 'Dorf in greater detail with friendlies, or trying him out for yourself. 'Dorf used to be a nightmare for me before I started playing him. Now that I know what he can do and how to counter it, I have a much deeper respect for both the character and the matchup. :3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Banning him in Sm4sh tournaments for what? That's just sounds ridiculous if you ask me.

Top Bottom