• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to waveland or wavedash in Brawl?

Roys amazing

Smash Cadet
Beacuase i have a replay on brawl when i hitted a backflipp and wavelanded. It could have been a glitch, i dont really know. I did the waveland at hyrule temple

Recharge

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, I may have wavelanded accidentally in Skyworld while landing from a b-air. Ike slid a looooooong ways across 2 of the floorboards. But then I kept trying for a few hours over the days and couldn't do it again. So, waveland maybe, wavedash probably not.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
ive tried wavedashing for a while, and sadly no, there´s no wavedash in brawl ;[

SCOTU

Smash Hero
There is no waveland, and therefore no wavedash. Anything resembling a waveland is just your character sliding with some momentum. probably not even a glitch. "Wavelanding" refers to specifically the sliding from an air dodge towards the ground in Melee.

Recharge

Smash Rookie
So should we call it by a different name? I think it would be better to post this question in the general discussions to see if more people have had something like this happen before completely dismissing it. If it does exist it should still be a technique since it landing with proper momentum takes proper timing and such.

Rabble2

Smash Rookie
whatever it is that caused your character to slide that far wasn't reliable, so its useless to try to incorporate it into a strategy

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Well, as you can see, the brawl engine (havoc I think), incorporates a lot more momentum than the melee engine. Hence, you can perform a RAR, basically, jumping backwards with good momentum. So therefore, the players slide more, like you can do a shield slide (dash, press shield button, you slide a bit).

Top Bottom