• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to test lag before a match?

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
I live in Florida (and hate it, Mass4Lyfe), and when it gets stormy, I avoid online mode, don't want to force lag. However, when it's calm and I do go online, I run into laggy matches distressingly often (and I've tested it, it's not on my end, I've had several good matches too). And it's not even the "your action is a few fractions of a second behind the input" or even the "please wait while we catch up" kind. It's the "your action is at least one second behind your actual input" kind. Is there any way to test match lag before a match starts, ideally on the character select screen? It gets old SD'ing to get out of the match and find a new opponent. (Also, is there a way to disconnect without being penalized?)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Sadly there's not any way to test for lag before a match starts. If there is then I don't know about it myself. If you are sure it's not your internet causing the lag problems then I assume you just have poor luck when it comes to finding opponents.

I hardly ever encounter lag myself and if I do it's nothing serious. Once in a blue moon I may encounter some super bad lag, but I'll just deal with it and find another opponent once it's over. As for disconnecting I've never disconnected before, but from what I read from a few posts here you'll get penalized for it no matter what your reason is usually, especially if you end up doing it a lot.

Top Bottom