• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to program CPU opponents to tech consistently

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
obv fighting the CPU isn't ideal for getting better at smash, but it would be nice to practice follow ups as they would somewhat occur in real matches. I've always wondered why CPU opponents rarely tech, not even level 9's. i see that the CPUs have been programmed to do other advanced things like waveshine and dash dance, but they still don't tech. i don't know what all goes into it though. sorry if this has been discussed before.

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
what i would love is that PC has either infinite shield or to always Power Shield everything.
cuz i want to practice SHFFL ing in shields, but i need a human to practice that, and its a hassle to wait for shield to be ready again.

also ur idea to always tech is cool, so that u can practice various stuff with computer.
but that would take some coding and stuff, so i dont think they will make that now, they have more important stuff to fix and add.
but who knows, maybe they add those in Training mode or smthg. lets pray.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe just making it so they Tech around like 75%-85% of the time so that the non-tech stuff could be mix-ups. Also where they tech left, right or in place should be random so there is never a pattern. Same for if they don't tech. It should be random, regular get up, get up attack, roll left or roll right.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe just making it so they Tech around like 75%-85% of the time so that the non-tech stuff could be mix-ups. Also where they tech left, right or in place should be random so there is never a pattern. Same for if they don't tech. It should be random, regular get up, get up attack, roll left or roll right.
This would be ideal. I hope it's possible. PM metagame would advance much more rapidly if playing against CPU's was viable training. It's awesome how much more viable it is to play against PM CPU's when compared to Melee. Good for players like me who only get to play humans like once every three months.

Top Bottom