• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to play Project M online?

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Yes or no. I can't find anyone in my area that plays Project M. I rather play Project M than Brawl because the former is more competitive than the latter. So I want to play Project M online. Is that possible? That's all I am asking.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Need each others friend code and to make sure you have the wi-fi safe codeset vs. the normal one otherwise you get flagged by nintendo, but yes it is possible. best output is both players having ethernet cables directly connected to their wii. hope this helps~

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I believe there is a thread for this somewhere down there...
assuming you mean console wifi
personally I would recommend emulating PM using dolphin on a PC, then using the built in netplay feature.
It's oodles better, less delay, better connections, larger playerbase

Roxas215

Smash Lord
It can be played online. Im not sure what the player base is on the wii though. Most online play is done with dolphin/netplay and anther's ladder

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I believe there is a thread for this somewhere down there...
assuming you mean console wifi
personally I would recommend emulating PM using dolphin on a PC, then using the built in netplay feature.
It's oodles better, less delay, better connections, larger playerbase
See, the problem with that is that it requires you to have an at least semi decent computer + internet connection. My old i5 laptop could hardly keep PM running at 60+ fps. I would have to imagine that anything below that would cause problems with netplay right?

Top Bottom