• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to play Project M from a USB device?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
My Brawl disc broke, but I have a backup of my friend's disc. Is it possible to load Project M from the USB drive?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
You can usb load brawl and put the pm files on Sd.

Turn on ocarina and set hooktype to axnextframe. Run brawl and pm should load
It didn't work. Do I use the netplay ones or just the normal hackless/homebrew one? I used the hackless one, but....

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
you're going to have to describe 'didnt work' if you want me to be able to help.
Nothing happened. It just loaded Brawl. I have the files and stuff in my sd card, and ocarina turned on as well as the hook type, but nothing happened.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
How are the files on the Sd card? Are they out of the nohomebrew folder?

Which usb loader are you using?
Yes, I extracted the homebrew files and I deleted the previous ones. I'm using Wiiflow; neither USBloaderGX or Neogamma work for me, for whatever reason.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Now it's just bringing me back to the Homebrew Channel screen...
EDIT: Using NeoGamma seems to have worked.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

i really cant help with wiiflow sorry.
that guide i posted is pretty easy to follow to get usb loader gx working though.

Is the brawl ISO a full iso? not scrubbed? is it ntsc?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
It's working now, but barely. When I try to play, it freezes shortly after I start playing. I was playing Squirtle vs Bowser on FD and FoD, and it froze :\ It's full and unscrubbed, I'd assume, considering it came from my friend's Brawl disk.

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I've reinstalled my custom stuff/multiple times, and it always does weird stuff like this.

Top Bottom