• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to mod Marth in the game

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
After looking at a picture (picture below) of Marth in smash 64 I was wondering would it be possible to mod him in and mod in side Bs but with removing 1 character because Marth is awesome :)

I did not make this model or picture all credits go to the original creator

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It probably is possible but most 64 people don't really care about further smash games.

So it probably won't happen.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
After looking at a picture (picture below) of Marth in smash 64 I was wondering would it be possible to mod him in and mod in side Bs but with removing 1 character because Marth is awesome :)

Possible sure, Very very unlikely. What you need is a perfect storm. A VERY talented coder, who is also a huge fan of smash 64 and knows how to mod for the 64, and also really enjoys marth.

Shears

Smash Master
No, it's not possible yet.
Possible sure, Very very unlikely. What you need is a perfect storm. A VERY talented coder, who is also a huge fan of smash 64 and knows how to mod for the 64, and also really enjoys marth.

The keyword here is "yet", and it is a big "yet". It is theoretically possible to mod marth into the game. Practically speaking, the level of modding done to 64 and the knowledge of how to mod this game doesn't allow for this to happen. Additionally, even if the knowledge was there and there was someone willing to do the work, the effort to mod a character into the game is much more difficult than the other games as 64 games get compressed and there are size limitations to the rom. On top of the modding itself, I'm pretty sure the game would need to get recompiled and changes to the games engine would need to be made to support the appropriate mod. I have not ventured into modding at all but I am an experienced coder so this is my speculation of it all. Certainly anything is possible, but probable and feasible are much better words to use when inquiring about requested work to be done.

Madao

-facepalms through face-

@ Madao Madao
pls explain why we cant do no mods yet
Shears' explanation is correct. So is stancosmos. It is indeed possible, just difficult and unlikely to happen, due to lack of dedication. If you look at other n64 games, there are some amazing hacks, like SM64 multiplayer. Then there's level editors for a few popular games too.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
The keyword here is "yet", and it is a big "yet". It is theoretically possible to mod marth into the game. Practically speaking, the level of modding done to 64 and the knowledge of how to mod this game doesn't allow for this to happen. Additionally, even if the knowledge was there and there was someone willing to do the work, the effort to mod a character into the game is much more difficult than the other games as 64 games get compressed and there are size limitations to the rom. On top of the modding itself, I'm pretty sure the game would need to get recompiled and changes to the games engine would need to be made to support the appropriate mod. I have not ventured into modding at all but I am an experienced coder so this is my speculation of it all. Certainly anything is possible, but probable and feasible are much better words to use when inquiring about requested work to be done.
what if you could some how rework the game into it working with the N64 expansion

Madao

what if you could some how rework the game into it working with the N64 expansion
Cartridge space isn't an issue. NTSC and J version is 16mb, PAL is 32mb, so i think 32mb is enough. RAM on the otherhand might be too limited, so maybe expansion pack would be needed.

If this is an emulator-only rom hack, then it's more feasible, than if it was intended for the real console.

Top Bottom