• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to have more than one main?

Helios980

Smash Rookie
On Smashboards or other Smash Bros. community sites, you`ll often hear people claiming to main more than one character. This may just be a difference in definition, but I`ve always considered a 'main' as the character one is the best with, which would obviously exclude multiple characters.
I wanted to see what everybody else`s opinion on this is, just in case I`m the only one who thinks this.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
On Smashboards or other Smash Bros. community sites, you`ll often hear people claiming to main more than one character. This may just be a difference in definition, but I`ve always considered a 'main' as the character one is the best with, which would obviously exclude multiple characters.
I wanted to see what everybody else`s opinion on this is, just in case I`m the only one who thinks this.
It is the player's A-Game: their best character and is the character they spend the most time with. Someone can co-main a character especially if the player goes back and forth with their characters.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
You can I have 2 that I usually play I usually play with that is Roy and my newest addition to my roster Bowser Jr. However it is prefered to have one main so you don't have to split the time you spend with your one main from 2/3 of the time to 1/3 of the time with your 2 mains (You have to have pockets that will take a little bit of time to train so you have people for that one matchup)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Your go-to character, when no other character does it better for you against different match ups, is your main. I don't know why people say they have multiple mains.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I'll add something that I did not see. If you main a character, you may sometimes choose an option that other players may call into question if they do not fully understand the character you are playing,

Top Bottom