• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it me or is it dead in here?

lui3k

Smash Cadet
Lucas has always been in ness's shadow but lately with the addition of so many good characters it feels like he is almost irrelevant, just by looking at the activity in this thread it is evident I have so many questions and want to learn about Lucas since I'm just recently picking him up and it's hard to even get a reply sometimes on here I would say that it's just because I'm new and people don't really know me or like me but Even if you look at other threads they hardly get any replies I noticed this when I answer and two weeks later on the top tread I'm still the latest answer, anyways it's just sad i guess i picked a bad time to join this community

Last edited:

MrStardustRicon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrStardustRicon
Tis' the fate of a mid tier board, sometimes it's heavily active, others it's just kinda meh.

The Elephant

Smash Rookie
NNID
The_Elephant
Lucas is a mid-high tier in my mind, so eventually an elite Lucas will take a game off of someone really good and attract attention

abx

Smash Journeyman
I'm suspecting that a lot of activity simply has shifted to discord servers. Forums are becoming more and more anachronistic.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Well, I know it would help get your questions answered if you used punctuation more often. <_<

In all seriousness though, I really hope it picks up soon, especially since 1.1.5 came out and nerfed the long-standing #1 of Smash 4. I realize people will flock to Bayonetta, but at the same time, I feel like this patch told players "if you play a character just to win money, you're gonna have a bad time". My hope is that a few more patches will release and Lucas will get some minor buffs in one of them and Bayonetta/Rosaluma will get nerfed.

I actually see quite a few more Lucases than I'd expect online, which makes me happy. I think I see more Lucases than Pac Man, Wii Fit, Yoshi, Jr, Zelda, and even more than I see better characters like Peach, Yoshi, Greninja, or even Ness. Point is, I know there's a large playerbase. Just gotta bring them together I suppose.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Lucas is a strong character and players have been utilizing the strengths of the character to go even with high ranking players (Hakii even went level with Void for a game).
It's just rep. Same with Yoshi/Peach/Falcon/Shulk/Bowser/Samus. This character is good, but the character can only be as good as it's best players and so far that's not a plentiful basket.

Optimistically I am putting Lucas in the top 25, above/next to Ike.

Last edited:

Frobro

Smash Rookie
Lucas is a strong character and players have been utilizing the strengths of the character to go even with high ranking players (Hakii even went level with Void for a game).
It's just rep. Same with Yoshi/Peach/Falcon/Shulk/Bowser/Samus. This character is good, but the character can only be as good as it's best players and so far that's not a plentiful basket.

Optimistically I am putting Lucas in the top 25, above/next to Ike.
Let's not get crazy here. Go rewatch that match and remember that void chose not to use needles. No idea why, maybe he was just being merciful. When he starts using needles a little in game 2 and 3, look at the outcome.

Top Bottom