• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it me or has Smash 4 made Brawl even more hated?

Tommtom9

Smash Rookie
The reason why brawl was "hated" by most players, is was made more to be a fun game then a competitive game.

Things like random tripping and having to play the Subspace Emissary to unlock most characters make the game way less fun for these really competitive players. There are also some problems with movement in the air, but i personally don't notice it.

What happened with SSB4 is that Nintendo removed these things, and with this made the game more compedetive.

So brawl is the dupe of being a kind of experiment of Nintendo, trying to make the game more for the casual user.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
Personally no in brawl I have 34 secondaries and main gnw I hate meta knight and ice climbers but it seems like low respect due to casualness and meta knight

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
Kind of, though the hatred has already been increasing since the release of "The Smash Brothers", the decline of the competitive Brawl scene around 2012, and the Melee competitive scene being revived the year after.

It also doesn't help in Brawl's case when a majority of its competitive players moved to Smash 4 immediately after release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom