• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is her transformation slower?

DNasty

Smash Rookie
It was a smooth motion in Melee, but in brawl she seems to stand still a good two seconds.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
It was a smooth motion in Melee, but in brawl she seems to stand still a good two seconds.
Yes, it is quite a bit slower. However, it has a good deal more invincibility frames (she's basically invulnerable the entire time she is covered in white light).

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
A nerf is a nerf though. While there ARE invincibility frames, it's irrelevant since it gives your opponent 10 years to come up right next to you, wait for the frames to end, then punish you severely.

I suppose it was to prevent abuse of the new decaying attack system.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
It's actually a real shame. With Sheik having most of his Kill-moves nerfed, I was expecting Sheik players to have to use transform to kill with Zelda, but this basically eliminates that chance. My only real complaint about Zelda, actually.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
It's actually a real shame. With Sheik having most of his Kill-moves nerfed, I was expecting Sheik players to have to use transform to kill with Zelda, but this basically eliminates that chance. My only real complaint about Zelda, actually.
Gratefully, it's not actually a bad thing against Zelda, just Sheik XD

Woot.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Still, it is quite confusing. I thought they were going to push synergy between Zelda and Sheik, to get closer to the original design intention of one complimenting the other. You know, the old idea that Sheik was supposed to rack up the damage and Zelda was supposed to blast them with magic for the finishing blow. If anything though, that is even more impractical now.

At this point, they almost should just be two distinct characters, each with a new Down + B special. They feel so far apart now.

I hope I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hill, but alot of you guys understand my confusion, right?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Still, it is quite confusing. I thought they were going to push synergy between Zelda and Sheik, to get closer to the original design intention of one complimenting the other. You know, the old idea that Sheik was supposed to rack up the damage and Zelda was supposed to blast them with magic for the finishing blow. If anything though, that is even more impractical now.

At this point, they almost should just be two distinct characters, each with a new Down + B special. They feel so far apart now.

I hope I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hill, but alot of you guys understand my confusion, right?
I agree 100%. I thought they'd be pushing the synergy as well (especially when early Sheik vids showed ALL of Sheik's go-to kill moves being nerfed), so I was disapointed at this transformation nerf.

At this point, yeah, they're basically different characters. Like Samus and Zamus. I wouldn't mind seeing a different B move on each of em (even if it was something copied from somebody else, like Sheik having Metaknight's Down B, and Zelda having some sort of slow area blast like Ike's neutral).

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I've been playing Brawl at a friend's house and, Zelda having been my main in Melee, was disappointed in how long her transformation took. However, due to the increased floaty-ness in the game, if someone smashes you far up, you're actually able to (usually) transform fully before they can get to you/you hit the ground. Also, you can always smash your opponent away (off a ledge) so they focus on saving themselves and THEN transform.

Really it just means a little more strategy is needed.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I don't agree with smashing them far and then transforming because you want to keep pressuring them off the ledge, but when you're in the air, that's the best time to transform and renew move decay, especially because they can't just hang around next to you while you're transforming. Additionally, the sequence seems to slow your fall rate, so you should be functional long before they can set anything up.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
The transformation doesn't slow her down in the air enough to be relied on. What keeps her up an extra half-second is that her actual move "Twilight Transform" (or whatever the actual name is) because it freezes her in air at the beginning.

Top Bottom