• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is he good? Going to be?

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
So never owning a Smash game before, or even a Nintendo system until now, I have randomly picked Metaknight as a character to try out.
Any rumbling how he will match up to other characters?
That is all...

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is very fast at attacking and he racks up tons of damage fast. But it still seems like Meta Knights is sorta weak because he lacks KO moves that have lots of knockback. That's the big problem with Meta Knight otherwise he'd be a borderline broken character like Marth.

He seems like he can pretty much beat anyone except Olimar whom it seems everyone has a hard time beating.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight is very fast at attacking and he racks up tons of damage fast. But it still seems like Meta Knights is sorta weak because he lacks KO moves that have lots of knockback. That's the big problem with Meta Knight otherwise he'd be a borderline broken character like Marth.

He seems like he can pretty much beat anyone except Olimar whom it seems everyone has a hard time beating.
Thanks for the tips!
Would you suggest playing him as a person who has played smash but wants to get actually good?

Is Olimar good?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight seems like a character who can potentially be very good if you know how to use him yes. I'd also recommend Ike, Ike looks really to be really powerful if you get good with him. Also, Ness is very hard to use but when you get very good at him, he totally dominates too like Ike.

Olimar is very good yes. He has very bad recovery but that doesn't matter, just the fact you keep throwing Pikmen then run means you'll always do tons of damage to the other guy while barely taking any yourself. In otherwords, it feels like Olimar seems to be a sorta broken character like that. Especially the white Pikmen, they're like insta-KO.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight seems like a character who can potentially be very good if you know how to use him yes. I'd also recommend Ike, Ike looks really to be really powerful if you get good with him. Also, Ness is very hard to use but when you get very good at him, he totally dominates too like Ike.

Olimar is very good yes. He has very bad recovery but that doesn't matter, just the fact you keep throwing Pikmen then run means you'll always do tons of damage to the other guy while barely taking any yourself. In otherwords, it feels like Olimar seems to be a sorta broken character like that. Especially the white Pikmen, they're like insta-KO.
This game will **** my life......
I think im gonna try Meta Knight

When one says broken, does that mean like stupidly rigged good?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Yes, a broken character means they're just too good it potentially unbalances the game. In Melee Fox was the most broken character hence the old stereotype "Fox, no items, Final Destination". In Brawl though, it seems like Olimar potentially might fit this, but there is already thread on the Olimar boards where people ask who is the counter to Olimar, and one guy said Meta Knight is good vs Olimar.

The best broken character though is Marth. Marth pretty much beats anyone in almost any circumstances.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
Yes, a broken character means they're just too good it potentially unbalances the game. In Melee Fox was the most broken character hence the old stereotype "Fox, no items, Final Destination". In Brawl though, it seems like Olimar potentially might fit this, but there is already thread on the Olimar boards where people ask who is the counter to Olimar, and one guy said Meta Knight is good vs Olimar.

The best broken character though is Marth. Marth pretty much beats anyone in almost any circumstances.
Thanks for the lesson!

That is all!

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
So never owning a Smash game before, or even a Nintendo system until now, I have randomly picked Metaknight as a character to try out.
Any rumbling how he will match up to other characters?
That is all...
Dude if your a smash virgin just buy the game and go nuts! I wouldn't even think about who you are going to "try" and just go crazy with everyone and see who you like.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
Dude if your a smash virgin just buy the game and go nuts! I wouldn't even think about who you are going to "try" and just go crazy with everyone and see who you like.
Smash virgin as its going to be the first one that Ive owned, but Ive played the game a bit before, you know a few times a week with my friends, just never owned it so I could never get good. Bought the Wii and the game because im tired of watching them play and sucking when we have tournys and such, so Im trying to get every edge I can so I can try and compete with them on this game, but thanks for the tip, i'll be trying a lot of different character for sure though!

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
gcguest, if you're going to the trouble of typing "that is all" after every message, why don't you make it part of your sig?

That is all.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I suppose if I respond I'm going to start a heated and stubborn debate, one that might be moved to the debate boards, so I'll just drop it here.

This time, it really is 'all' from me on this thread... maybe.

Top Bottom