• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is DK really BOOSTED? some say everything was boosted

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why the hell did they ****ing nerf DONKEY KONG!?! Goddammit! I'm seriously pissed as hell now!! Now they nerf DK, but they probably give buffs to characters as C.Falcon making the game not more balanced as Sakurai 'promised' but butt-**** it up even worse!

I said it again but; why in ****'s name did they nerf DK? It's not like he was overpowered or anything, and it's not like heavy characters are in serious need of downgrading. <_< DK could with a few buff from his Melee self easily become one of the better useable heavy weight characters cause from all the big, strong characters he was the fastest. And surely Ganondorf will have a complete different moveset as well, and Bowser as a character will NEVER work. >_<

I'm hoping Sakurai realises that nerfing Donkey Kong isn't the way of making Brawl 'more balanced' and I'm losing thrust more in him after reading that Meta Knight infact IS as overpowered as he's on paper and how Ike turned out to be...

Tommorows update: Mewtwo confirmed to be nerfed as hell!
Tuesday's update: Sheik returning exactly like she was in Melee!

I can totally see THAT happening right now. <_< Nerf Donkey Kong... the ****tards.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
well don't put ur hopes down yet for dk, gimpy and the other pros only played brawl for 4 days, theirs no wa they no everything bout dk, and plus the game isnt gonna come out for another few months, so their bound to b some changes

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just based on the changes he's not really nerfed to much, he has a little less range, but the physics just aren't generous to his combos...

his side b and his down b are a little bit better, but his up b and his charge punch were always more important to his arsenal

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I think DK could use a coconut gun like in Donkey Kong 64 :O. His current side B doesn't make sense to me. at least for one of DK's moves.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm pretty much fine with Donkey Kong as long as his Bair is still spammable and his Up B is as fast as it was in Melee along with the invincibility frames.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
to Diddy Kong: pipe down...

DK was just fine as he was, I have trouble now and then beating my friend who plays DK great, and that 2 B moves are nerfed and 2 B moves are boosted doesn't mean DK sucks, we can't say who's better and who's not, listen to Gimpyfish, he's the only one who really knows some things, and those things he knows are from the DEMO, so it's possible they change a few things...

QuantumRanger

Smash Rookie
as long as DKs b moves can get the job done as finishers, Im happy. I just hope his smash attacks weren't nerfed

Luigi player

Smash Master
If I'm not mistaken DK can now move faster left/right on the ground if he does his upB.

I hope DK is useable in tourneys... that's all I want. He doesn't have to be top tier, but at least middle tier /:

The Director

Smash Lord
I hope DK is useable in tourneys... that's all I want. He doesn't have to be top tier, but at least middle tier /:
DK was already usable in tourneys in Melee. Granted, you had to put a couple of years practice into him, but I've beaten Marths, Shieks and Foxes in tourneys with DK. All were amazing upsets, I must say.

And I've noticed that DK really draws a crowd. People are just plain surprised to see somebody good with DK.

Luigi player

Smash Master
DK was already usable in tourneys in Melee. Granted, you had to put a couple of years practice into him, but I've beaten Marths, Shieks and Foxes in tourneys with DK. All were amazing upsets, I must say.

And I've noticed that DK really draws a crowd. People are just plain surprised to see somebody good with DK.
Yeah he is usable, but Gimpy said DK got slightly worse from the things he already knows, because characters won't fall down as fast as in Melee and DK can't upair them a lot anymore...

Falco is a pain in the ***. Yesterday I had some good matches with some people, but DK is really just unuseable. Yeah, he's good against Fox, but Marth/Falco are pretty hard to beat (for me), I guess I'd have to fight a lot more against some of them to know how I can beat them... A Game and Watch was really hard to beat too... (but it was the second time that I used him against competitive players, so I might just lack training)

Kips

Smash Ace
For his Side B I'd love to see something that either improves his range or his combo capabilities. Mayhap a coconut BAZOOKA would be in order... But seriously, DK isn't low tier- Have you ever seen Bum play him? It's sheer madness!

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
You never know what will happen before the final version comes out. They have plenty of time to change some stuff.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Probably thats y DK wasn't at Jump Festa, to be worked on a few more times.. He doesn't really seem nerfed to me, but it shouldn't matter.. It's a new game, thats all I could say...

Top Bottom