• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is DACUS useful at all for Marth?

jackmorgan8

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackmorgan8
I know it is possible to DACUS with Marth, but I don't want to spend time mastering a technique that may not help me very much

Zizzy

Smash Rookie
In my opinion it is almost useless. It is possible to sour spot the up smash, reposition, and forward smash. Borrowing that i see little or no advantage over other options.

KABO0S

Smash Cadet
Yeah, his usmash is not very good so DACUS doesn't have a whole lot of use. However, practicing it would be beneficial for the times when it would be optimal to use. Those opportunities are fairly rare, but there is use out there.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Back-throw at around 120-150% can hit them on platforms (Battlefield for example) after which you will get a kill with a DACUS if they don't tech (back-throw is mostly unexpected).
I mostly see the use in weird attack angles knocking them on platforms at high % while you are not directly under them.
Another possibility would be you get them with a kill move which they platform tech and you now DACUS as they techroll or sth...

Top Bottom