• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is CC really that bad?

Corbo

Smash Rookie
So I had a wii and brawl for a long time, and all my life, all I've ever played with was the gamecube controller. When my wii broke, I was devastated, mostly because if I bought a new Wii, I wouldn't be able to play with the gamecube controller anymore, and I was so frustrated I actually held off on playing for a while haha.

Recently, i got into watching some brawl nationals and what not, I noticed a lot of the pros playing with Classic Controllers! Hope sprang into my heart and I thought I'd be able to play again :D! So I ran to my wii and tried out the CCPro with Brawl.

I was disappointed because I found the game to be rather slow with the CCPro, not the high speed I was used to with my GC controller </3

My question is; Does the CCPro fair any better on different versions of smash bros? (I have the original, unhacked version) And is it penalizing to use against someone who has GC controllers?

thanks in advance :D

-Corbo

D

Deleted member 189823

I heard that anything but GC gives some kind of control lag.

Personally, I've never had that problem using the CC. It's actually alot more comfterble than the GC, the sticks are smoother.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I seem to compete just fine with the old non-pro Classic Controller.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Nope, not at all. I don't play much, but when I do, I use Ganondorf. Having Normal on a and Special on y, with x and b being Jump allows me to do both the instant DAir as well as the instant DownB by rolling my thumb over the buttons.

It's like the 'pad vs. stick' debate on a certain other forum. Use whichever one suits your style and preferences best.

Top Bottom