• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is a Smash Hell ban automated? How about getting kicked for targeting one player?

Fly_Gangsta

Smash Rookie
Just got sent to Smash Hell for the second time, but I didn't do anything. Is getting sent to Smash Hell automated, as in is it just based on the number of people that report you, whether or not the report is legitimate or not?

How about getting kicked during a match for allegedly targeting another player? Is that automated based on points?

I think this system sends the wrong message to younger, impressionable gamers. If enough people mad at you because you are winning a lot report you, Nintendo will punish you for your success. It is what is wrong with America.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Is getting sent to Smash Hell automated, as in is it just based on the number of people that report you, whether or not the report is legitimate or not?
Yes, it is just based on number. Legitimacy is not taken into consideration.

How about getting kicked during a match for allegedly targeting another player? Is that automated based on points?
I want to say no as targeting one player will result in a hard ban of 10 minutes with an explicit clock and reason (like when you rage quit). But it could be possible that the game keeps tabs, but I highly doubt it.

I think this system sends the wrong message to younger, impressionable gamers. If enough people mad at you because you are winning a lot report you, Nintendo will punish you for your success. It is what is wrong with America.
Absolutely. But I believe Nintendo of Japan is to blame. Then again, what is wrong wth NoA? How are they not up to date on these things. Call them and they won't have a clue what you're talking about.

But yeah, the whole system is beyond stupid.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
What a coincidence. I got banned again today.
4th time.

Interestingly, I SD'd the match before everyone disappeared cuz it was lagging hard.
Maybe that affected it, maybe it didn't.
But it's always such a heartbreak to see everyone disappear.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Just got sent to Smash Hell for the second time, but I didn't do anything. Is getting sent to Smash Hell automated, as in is it just based on the number of people that report you, whether or not the report is legitimate or not?

I've been disconnected for "repeatedly targeting another player," although I think that's a "Uncle Crying" response if anything. A bit pathetic too be disconnected for imho.

I don't really understand the whole "Smash Hell" thing outside some sketchy Facebook groups.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I've been disconnected for "repeatedly targeting another player," although I think that's a "Uncle Crying" response if anything. A bit pathetic too be disconnected for imho.

I don't really understand the whole "Smash Hell" thing outside some sketchy Facebook groups.
It's pretty much just this
https://youtu.be/6TzHYCtEwQA

Charu

Smash Cadet
Oh hey, this can't be just me. What a coincidence threads popped up again about this.

I'm back in it too since yesterday. Sad day boyz

Top Bottom