• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is a GameCube Controller worth it?

What controller do you use

• Total voters

TehCow

Smash Rookie
Will a gamecube controller optimize my playing performance in brawl? I currently just use the remote and nunchuck. If not, Should I stick with what I have, or get a classic controller? Thanks in advance.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Using the Gamecube controller is better. That way if you're having trouble for example performing tilts, switch the c-stick configuration to attack instead of smash attack to better perform tilts. most people use the Gamecube controller in the competitive and casual side of Smash. but to each it's own.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I casually play all the console based Smash games on either my Wii or Wii U and I prefer to use the GameCube controller. I also own the Classic Controller Pro but the GC controller is better for Smash, in my humble opinion.

カワシさん

I personally use the wiimote but you are able to do a lot more things easily with the GC Controller. I'd say GC but personally you should try out the others and see if they work for you, as certain controllers work best for certain players.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
GameCube Controllers are amazing for Brawl. Way worth it. Considering 2 of the 4 options for controllers are pretty bad...

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
The only technique that was more difficult on the GameCube Controller for me was Glide Tossing.

Everything else was much easier and fluid.

(Whatever the player is comfertable with is important though.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom