• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iPod Touch - What do you guys think about it? Is it worth buying?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Personally, I refuse to buy anything made by Apple.

I rather buy a cheaper MP3 player that has the same space as an iPod where I can change out my batteries if necessary. The iPhone sucks too. What the hell is the Mac Air. Evidently, it has no DVD drive. Good idea, Apple!

Deci

Smash Rookie
It's true that it doesn't have its own DVD drive, but its DVD drive is simply seperate from the actual notebook
(Or you can use some wireless thing and put the DVD in a desktop and access it from your notebook)

Personally, in my opinion, don't buy the iPod Touch. Apple has been releasing a new iPod every SINGLE year now for the last 4 years or so.

2004 - iPod Mini
2005 - iPod Nano
2006 - iPod Video
2007 - iPod Touch

Most of these releases have been in the summer/early fall too, so if you have the patience to wait it out till around September, then you'll probably be rewarded.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Personally, I refuse to buy anything made by Apple.

I rather buy a cheaper MP3 player that has the same space as an iPod where I can change out my batteries if necessary.
So I share your sentiments about Apple, but what other options are there out there that have hard drives > 80GB? There's not too many. A quick search yields only Zune and Archos in this range. And Zune is Microsoft. So that's no better than Apple.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I can't imagine needing something portable that holds 20,000 songs or about 100 hours of video(the 80GB) >_> And then paying $250 for it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So I share your sentiments about Apple, but what other options are there out there that have hard drives > 80GB? There's not too many. A quick search yields only Zune and Archos in this range. And Zune is Microsoft. So that's no better than Apple.
See, I have a 30 gig, which was the same price as an iPod for 4 gigs when I bought it. I have yet to even come close to filling my MP3 player and I put every cd I get on it. I guess if you watch a lot of videos, but I mostly use my Mp3 player for... listening to Mp3s.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Well, I have a 60 gig iPod that I got about two years ago when it was the biggest size available, and it's full now (has been for about a year). No videos or pictures, just strictly music. So I'm looking to upgrade to something bigger for my next mp3 player, as I already have additional music on my computer that I can't fit onto my iPod. But perhaps I just have too much music. myTunes filled up my hard drive faster than anything when it worked, and Bittorrent is even worse.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I suffice with a 256MB no name MP3 player. The interface is god awful so even though it can hold like 50 songs I only keep 20-30 on it.

I probably won't buy any from Apple because when the time comes I will need to send it back so they can replace the battery but the odds are Apple will not cover people from the Caribbean with their service. I will probably buy a 4-8GB Sandisc and upgrade when necessary, I only have 1 gig of music anyway.

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
Depends on what you want to do with it.
IF you are like me and have a massive music library, no. 16 gigs of storage? What the hell is that?
The hardware is certainly intriguing though. I wouldn't mind getting one to mess with.
Why they used flash memory is beyond me...

Skoox

Smash Cadet
I have the iPod Touch, because I'm too cheap to pay for the iPhone (every month). It's pretty nifty assuming you Jailbreak it. Jailbroken, you can play ROMs on there, you can play various games like Sudoku and Minesweeper, etc. It has tons of storage.

If you have the money, buy the iPhone (If you're already using AT&T, it's about $40 more every month for unlimited internet.) But if you're cheap like me, take the iPod Touch.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
It's really just a gadget, a toy. It's really nothing more. If a touch screen makes you the happiest man in the world, go for it.

Top Bottom