• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iPhone 6 screen protector cracked on it's own?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I've had my iPhone 6 for almost a year now (purchased it last June). Got a screen protector and case for it, good to go. I have never dropped it and in result seen a crack on my screen (but I have dropped it onto the carpet a few times, but never while standing up).

Fast forward to today... It was sitting on my bed when I decided to go downstairs to grab a computer charger from downstairs. When I came back upstairs, the phone was still sitting on my bed in the same position. After plugging in the computer charger I went on my phone to reply to a text, and on the top left corner of the screen protector, there was a small crack with a few thinner cracks extending out of it. I have absolutely no idea how this happened. It was charging while on my bed the whole time without anyone touching it. The iPhone screen itself is not cracked (thank goodness), but the screen protector just... cracked. It's a small crack but it's driving me insane.

I know how ludicrous this sounds, I get it; but seriously, this phone did not drop. I'm still confused on how this could have possibly happened, and I don't feel like getting another screen protector for a while. I can promise you this is not a lame excuse for me dropping the phone, and as unbelievable as the story sounds, I'm not leaving anything out.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do?

Edit: My phone is unusually warm right now. Maybe when I plugged in the computer charger... the phone charger kind of freaked out and got super hot, resulting in the screen cracking (due to change in temperature)? This is super unlikely, but I mean... that's all I've got at the moment.

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
You know that scene in ghost when that guy is teaching Patrick swayze how to touch stuff when you're a ghost maybe that happened. Or maybe you're bed has negative feedback on your phone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom