• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

invalid

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
it's totally the opposite about the "look at your character" thing - it's difficult for new players, but you should be at a state where you're comfortable enough with your own character to stop watching what you're doing, and instead watch the enemy.

in terms of learning timings of attacks, it might help to focus on learning how your moves work for one character in particular (ie, how far off stage can i recover? what's my safest move in the air?)

and lastly, timing spotdodges and rolls is not gonna come quickly - if i were you, i would focus on learning when and when not to shield, and figure out rolls once you feel generally comfortable with the game.

also, we all hate K Rool. don't worry.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
As you continue to play the game, you’ll find that it’s more important to focus on your opponent rather than yourself. You should already have an idea of the stage layout and your character’s moves and traits; now inspect what your opponent is doing. Max concentration is achieved when you’re zooming in on one character only. You’ll have much better chances to react to their movements without getting distracted by your own; think methodically and go with their flow.

That said, just practice reacting to moves and finding a way to punish them, if possible. Your reflexes will improve if you train them.

Top Bottom