• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introductions

Hapless Hero

Smash Rookie
NNID
haplesshero13
3DS FC
4957-3053-7055
Hello, Hapless Hero checking in here. I'm new to the Boards and the Smash scene in general.

Who do you main in your Smash game(s) of choice? Why?

In Melee I have been playing Peach, and I formerly mained Sheik and I have a very scrubby Jigglypuff and Ganon. In PM I have been playing Charizard and Snake, but dabble with Ivysaur and my Melee characters.

As for why, I find those characters fun. I like silly down smashes, big punishes, zoning characters, and planting explosives. That pretty much covers all of the above, I think? :p

Why have you joined Smashboards? How did you hear about the site?

I joined Smashboards to get more exposure to the scene and the game. I guess I heard about it from a friend.

Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?

I've now entered two local tournaments (Game Over near Boston) and I was quickly retired both times 0-2. I plan on going more-or-less weekly from here on out whenever I can. I play primarily Melee because that is what is played at GO and by my friends, but I've dabbled with PM a bit too. I plan on entering more but more importantly I hope to get better.

Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.

I blog about anime, and I guess I watch a fair amount. I play a fair number of RPGs and have also been trying to break into other fighting games especially Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue, and Persona 4 Arena.

I have a pretty extensive background in competitive Pokemon. I was rated as high as 1950 on Showdown at my peak in Gen 5 OU, and have been trying to get back into the game and rise up the Gen 6 OU ladder.

I'm also a musician, though I don't spend nearly as much time on that as I used to. I play in area orchestras throughout the year.

What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?

Other than competitive Pokemon, not really much else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom