• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interrupted whilst grabbing.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
I was in a FFA with some friends and i just U throw on someone with Olimar and falco interrupted me with his lazor. My pikmin was still in the grab animation and i was able to move about while my pikmin finished the grab. So i followed it up with a usmash before the pikmin hit the ground. Can someone please test this as i havent got my Wii atm.

Maybe a glitch.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
hmmmmmmm, i've had people either break out while my pikmin was doing the animation for an up-throw... but i don't recall being able to move while the animtion was occuring... i'll definitely try to check this out though... because if there is a way to do what you did on cue.... it would be highly useful

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
Useful at all in 1v1's? Possibly. Against Snake, I suppose a mine can interrupt Olimar's attacks, but what are the chances of that? You'd need to grab him the second he finishes planting one, and there's also the possibility that it could kill you. Possibly a R.O.B., with his side-b, and you somehow slide into the grab so that you u-throw right before you hit that spinning top thing. Oh, and King Dedede's waddle-doos.

Other than that though, it doesn't seem best to rely on this move. You'd need some outside attack in order to cancel your grab, which is why this could actually be highly useful for team battles. :chuckle: Very useful, now that I think about it...

(P.S. I don't think this is a glitch either. It wouldn't make sense for the Pikmin to stop attacking as soon as Olimar gets hit)

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
It's happened to me before where in a 1v1 the person I grabbed pulled away from me before I could throw, but Oli had already begun the throw animation.

I couldn't move around or attack while he did it though. It did look funny, however, a single pikmin just flinging himself up and back down, lol. ;)

Dyyne

Smash Ace
coincidentally, this was happening to me several times today, in a 1v1 vs ice climbers. i would grab one, and sometimes the grab would start, but i would be hit by the other IC, and the grab would finish. So yes, it's very useful against them.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I've had something funny a couple of times as well, against a Kirby/DDD. If they try to swallow you and you grab while being attracted to them, you can actually throw them while kind of being inside of them. >.<

Top Bottom