• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet/Firewall

SNTRL

Smash Lord
I currently have a problem with my firewall and internet connection and I believe that my firewall is blocking my internet connection or ports. The situation> I downloaded AVG and once that was done i realized that my internet connection was being blocked so I uninstalled AVG completely(everything) and tried again and I was still unable to connect to the internet or rather more like...view any sites becuase my internet "is" connected but I cant view any sites.

Whenever I run a diagonstic test I get the following...

~~~~~~~~~
Windows can not connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, FTP. This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer.

Check firewall settings for HTTP port(80) HTTPS(443) and FTP port (21).
~~~~~~~~~

and once i search/scan on Help and Support it gets a little more detailed and displays that certain...ports?(or whatever) have Failed and these are those that have failed.....

~~~~~~~
Internet Service
- Internet Explorrer Web Proxy (Not Configured)

Modems and Network Adapters
+Network Adapters (Failed)
-[00000008] Intel(R) PRO/100VE Network Connection (Failed)

+DNSServerSearchOrder (Failed)
+68.1.208.30. (Failed)
+68.109.202.25 (Failed)
+68.1.89.25 (Failed)
~~~~~~~~

I have tried making exceptions for internet explorer/fire fox and other varies things, I even turned firewall off and its still no help. I basically ran out of ideas and now asking for help to anyone willing to give it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
What kind of setup do you have? Any routers? Any crossover cables? What browsers are you using? Proxy settings?

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Well I use my college internet services, I have a windows XP desktop. Im not exactly sure what crossover cables are(looked it up tho) but we to have to jacks where can can plus our ethernet cables into to acess the internet, but my internet is working fine but it seems i cant seem to access.
The browsers I use are internet explorer and firefox and neither works after the incident.

Maybe the following will help, I'll try to make it as understandable as I can

INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER proxy/settings
-----------
LAN setting
+automatic detect settings(checked)
+use automatic config script(unchecked)
-- Address [ 127.0.01]

Proxy Server
+proxy server for LAN (unchecked)
-Address [blank] Port [80]
+ Bypass proxy server for local address(unchecked)

++Advanced
Servers and Port
HTTP, secure,FTP, and socks are blank

-Use same proxy for all protocols (unchecked)

+Exceptions
Do not use proxy serve for address beginning with: [*.local]

MOZILLA FIREFOX settings
------------
+ No proxy (unchecked)
+auto detect settings (unchecked)
+Manual proxy settings(unchecked)

+HTTP Proxy [blank] Port [blank]
-Use this for all protocols(unchecked)

+SSL Proxy(blank) and Port(blank)
FTP proxy,Gopher Proxy, and SOCKS host are blank

+SOCKSv4 and SOCKSv5 (both unchecked)

+No proxy server[blank]

+automatic proxy config URL(unchecked and blank)

Top Bottom