• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting... thing...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Now, this is something that I still cannot duplicate, no matter how many times I try. Basically what happened was I was waiting for an online match, in the practice room, and I killed myself. As I was dead, I was just wiggling the C-Stick back and forth quickly, and when the Climbers came down on the platform, Nana bair'd, and Popo stayed on the platform. Nana stayed on the ground by herself until I made any more movements. I assume that if an enemy was on the ground, she may have attacked, giving some sort of use to this. The only explanation I can give as to how it happened, is maybe I hit back on the C-Stick fast enough for it to only register for Nana... or something. I really have no idea how it happened, and like I said, I can't get it to happen again.
I just thought it was interesting, maybe something could come out of it. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I have not read it anywhere.

Also, the Climbers start every round desynched. I haven't checked if this has been written yet, so ignore this if it has. But if you ice block right before "Go!" only Popo will ice block, starting with a desynch.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was all pretty common knowledge. Don't take this as a bad thing, though. The good thing is that you're acknowledging these things, which, if we're fortunate, will lead you, or anyone, into finding something amazing.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
No problem, I was half expecting it to be common knowledge. Is there any other info on it? Like... how it's done? Or should I start constantly trying to duplicate it? :psycho:

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
no i wouldnt think theres any need to attempt to duplicate it unless you believe it can lead into something amazing, then by all means practice and develop it but as it stands now its pretty much useless unless your opponent decides to just wait for you to attack coming off the respawn platform

btw if you ever wanna practice PM me and ill be glad to play some friendlies

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that if someone kills popo and nana is still on the stage then you can use the c stick to have her attack while popo was dieng (usually only applies to when he is falling in the background and disapearing in a star). I was actually able to win a match that way (and I was giddy as a girl when it happened).

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that if someone kills popo and nana is still on the stage then you can use the c stick to have her attack while popo was dieng (usually only applies to when he is falling in the background and disapearing in a star). I was actually able to win a match that way (and I was giddy as a girl when it happened).
The same thing happened to me. The only difference was that I didn't touch the C-Stick, but Nana still did her usmash and taunted, which caused my taunt comment to appear on top of Popo's head as he flew away in the background.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
no i wouldnt think theres any need to attempt to duplicate it unless you believe it can lead into something amazing, then by all means practice and develop it but as it stands now its pretty much useless unless your opponent decides to just wait for you to attack coming off the respawn platform

btw if you ever wanna practice PM me and ill be glad to play some friendlies
Well I just think that since Nana will attack on her own and she can't take damage, it may be good for any of three things:

1. Getting a few percentages off of someone, though I'm sure anyone will just stand away from her.
2. Mind games? When your character drops, I know my first instinct is to get ready to attack, but this would throw me off a little. Yeah, just a little, but it's something.
3. Spawn desynch. Always handy.

Is it worth investing a huge amount of time into? Probably not. Is it worth trying something every time I die? Yeah. It could turn out to be something simple. Who knows, it could develop into something. Doubtful, but still. :laugh:

But yeah, I'll send you a PM, I need some good practice. I don't have nearly enough active people on my friend list :urg:

Top Bottom