• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Discovery!! Olimar not called Pikmin and Olimar in NA Version!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Here is a video from Gametrailers of the US version.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31521.html

It's just a regular match, ZSS vs. Peach vs. Meta vs. Olimar. However, when Olimar is chosen, the announcer says "Olimar" as opposed to "Pikmin and Olimar" which he says in the Japanese version.

Also, he wins the match, and is called "Olimar"

I thought this was interesting, looks like we'll be officially calling him Olimar afterall.

And it looks like the his Sub-Forum needs a name-change lol

(Not that I have a problem with Pikmin and Olimar, I just think it might be good to be correct lol)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Thank god. Although I probably would've gotten used to it, I'd much rather hear this than the mouthful "Pikmin & Olimar"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thank god. Although I probably would've gotten used to it, I'd much rather hear this than the mouthful "Pikmin & Olimar"
Indeed.

So, should we request a name-change for his forum?

R.O.B. has his english version name, I think Olimar ought to as well.

Milk

Smash Rookie
aww man I was getting use to the other name, no biggy, it would probably be odd since i own the japanese version lol.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Uh, you're overlooking the fact that we got the name "Pikmin & Olimar" from the English Dojo page. That's just his abbreviation, and he happens to be the only character with one. Look at his trophy; his official name is still Pikmin & Olimar.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Poor Pikmin - uncredited despite the fact that they're usually the ones who do all the fighting. I gotta admit though, P&O was too long and too weird to be abbreviated.

Ween

Smash Cadet
At first I was hoping that they changed the NA version to Olimar, but I recently began to like Pikmin and Olimar over Olimar. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uh, you're overlooking the fact that we got the name "Pikmin & Olimar" from the English Dojo page. That's just his abbreviation, and he happens to be the only character with one. Look at his trophy; his official name is still Pikmin & Olimar.
If youre talking about his "bottom of the screen" nameplate abbreviation, DK and Diddy had one in the Japanese version.

I also dont see why they didnt just put "Pikmin and Olimar" up in the victory screen above his name, as Donkey Kong and Diddy both have "Diddy Kong" and Donkey Kong (Or was it DK?) up there. (Donkey Kong however, even if it does say DK in the victory screen, is referred to as Donkey Kong by the announcer.)

If the trophy does indeed say this in the U.S. version, please link a pic.

And besides, Olimar was added to the Dojo before the March 9 delay, there could be a chance, if they did any bug fixing and whatnot in this delay, that they changed his name for the U.S. version, like Dedede is called "King Dee-dee-dee" in the U.S. version.

Anyway, Im glad we can officially call him Olimar now. P&O was a bit much

Edit: and Redshift, I notice that in most of your posts, you sound very...bitter... whats with that? Just wondering.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
if u think about olimar is the main character cuz he's there when u have no pikmin so olimar would be apporiate...lol doesn't really matter tho, wats up wit louie????

Top Bottom