• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant turn around from platform with mewto

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
Hi !

I've already posted this on another thread but I haven't got any answers so I assumed the thread was kinda dead.
Anyway, reposting here!

I was trying to get the hang of b-reversing my shadow ball when I found a tech that to my knowledge, has not been discovered yet.
Basically, it allows you to get down from the edge of a platform while instantly turning around and throwing a special.
It should works with most of the cast with a projectile neutral-b (I've tried link's bow, mario's fireball...)
By the way, it's impossible to do so just by quicly flicking the stick (without a neutral b), so it offers you some more movement freedom.
It's performed quite easily, you run to the edge of a platform, as soon as mewto starts falling from it you quickly flick the analog stick in the opposite direction and then press b.
Kinda the opposite of b-reversing as while performing those you gotta press b, then flick the analog stick.

I can see a good amount of uses to this tech, especially when getting off of platform pressure can get really tricky in this game.

I think mewto is a character that's gonna benefit the most from this as you can cancel the charge of shadowball by double jumping just before touching the ground, allowing you to have way more mix up than most of the cast.
I can see some uses in neutral like, instant turn-around -> Shadowball, instant turn-around -> shield, Instant turn-around -> dash grab... Kinda whatever you want as mewto gets to his standing position when you cancel the charge of shadowball.

Anyway, here's a video of me performing it in a match (Sorry for the bad quality, and yes I got freaking tagged in a 1v1 item and ****ty map :( )

Let me know if this isn't anything new, and if it is let's try together to find some good usage of this tech !

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
My bad then. I've never heard about it. Hope this post showed it to a few people at least then :)

Whygul

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
6528-5460-7508
G Gizeh Thanks for posting Gizeh! No need to my bad, it's definitely helpful as a lot of people don't know it, and those that do aren't necessarily utilizing it. One great use for it (that I learned from watching tweek DK) is to situate yourself close to the stage while ledgeguarding without grabbing ledge on your way down. To preform:

Run towards ledge
jump and input the direction of the stage
Release direction and tap b (start a shadowball)

Now you are drifting offstage with your back to the enemy (perfect for backair ledgeguard) and you will move past ledge due to charging shadowball. This lets you hit some close backairs that you wouldn't be able to squeeze in (or at least not easily) with rar-ing and trying to doge the ledge. As a bonus it charges shadowball, and if you decide that you don't want to go out with the bair after all, you can jump back towards stage and finish charging shadow ball while you do so. It is more economic than rar bair in a lot of ways.

Top Bottom