• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant turn around from falling off a platform

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
Hi !
I was trying to get the hang of b-reversing my shadow ball when I found a tech that to my knowledge, has not been discovered yet.
Basically, it allows you to get down from the edge of a platform while instantly turning around and throwing a special.
It should works with most of the cast with a projectile neutral-b (I've tried link's bow, mario's fireball...)
By the way, it's impossible to do so just by quicly flicking the stick (without a neutral b), so it offers you some more movement freedom.
It's performed quite easily, you run to the edge of a platform, as soon as your character starts falling from it you quickly flick the analog stick in the opposite direction and then press b.
Kinda the opposite of b-reversing as while performing those you gotta press b, then flick the analog stick.

I can see a good amount of uses to this tech, especially when getting off of platform pressure can get really tricky in this game.

Anyway, here's a video of me performing it in a match (Sorry for the bad quality, and yes I got freaking tagged in a 1v1 item and ****ty map :( )

Let me know if this isn't anything new, and if it is let's try together to find some good usage of this tech !

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I can remember some situations in Smash 4 where I did this. I still think it’s pretty cool.

Top Bottom