• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Skull Bash out of Back-Air

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
As I was playing the demo I had messed around with Pikachu. I did a b-air and then after the endlag was complete I pressed side-b. Instead of having the startup lag it usually has, it instantly activated the attack. Note that this is only possible immediately after the endlag of the b-air ends. Charging it will also retain the startup lag it normally has.

Sorry I cannot provide you footage. :(

And yes I tested every other aerial and even waited a bit after the b-air endlag just to make sure I wasn't being fooled, but there is no startup immediately after b-air.

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I just ran it in my demo and yea, it seems to be the case. It only works for Bair though.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Can also verify. It's pretty cool. Doesn't seem quite useful though, since there are few situations where I see need to use Skull Bash (recovery aside, but you'll want to charge for distance anyway). Can anyone with the full Japanese game verify this with custom moves?

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
Nice trick. This is great for recovering if you go deep for an edge guard.
Thanks for sharing.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
UpB doesn't really look faster after bair. It seems to only work with sideb after bair, which is really weird.

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
Ok never mind I don't know what I was thinking lol. But yea SideB is certainly faster.

Top Bottom