• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ledge-Hop Cancel

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Found this thread while browsing the Competitive Discussion board. Thanks to @ Dissent Dissent for sharing and finding it out!

Only posting the Fox things:

Figured this out earlier by accident. Take two mechanics we've always been aware of (Interrupting ledge hop and momentum halting) an old mechanic that can be interrupted seemingly earlier in Smash 4 and sprinkle some timing in to it.

Enjoy this quick video I threw together of possible applications. More videos per character that I find interesting can be found in the list below.

To do this, have a character with a vertical momentum stopping move. Hang from the ledge, press Jump/Up and through careful timing, try to input your move on the first possible frame.

When your character is pulling himself up you will have to wait a bit for when you can input anything, and each character appears to have a different timing. If you try to input something during the period it's not going to buffer. As a bonus, spamming inputs only seems to make it worse and has very high chance to not work correctly.

:4fox: Down+B sticks to the ground, instant reflector. Pivoting it instantly will cause the graphics to disappear until something is reflected.
:4fox: Side+B sticks to ground, can pivot towards the ledge to do it in place.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
If Fox could still jump out of shine this would be insane

RPK

Smash Lord
Whatre the inputs for it? While it is a different tech than what is being discussed, that is still really awesome OwO

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Whatre the inputs for it? While it is a different tech than what is being discussed, that is still really awesome OwO
Nobody knows. Except me. I just got it to work and I wrote down my inputs immediately, and I'm fairly certain I understand why it works.

Last edited:

Commander Keen

Smash Rookie
It looks cool, that Fox shineless effect reminds me of Melee shine glitch lol. but i think this is very situational and way too flash, perhaps for some crazy mindgame recovery options.

Top Bottom